Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dan Devlin: May He Rest In Peace

I have sad news. This morning, Dan Devlin, a disciple of Jesus Christ, and long-time MC and supporter of the Kingston Latin Mass, passed away peacefully surrounded by his family.

A Sung Requiem Mass will be offered for the repose of his soul on Monday, November 11, 2013 at 10 a.m. in St. Mary's Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, 279 Johnson Street, Kingston, ON.

Without his devotion to the older form of the Mass and his constant faithfulness and support, our community may not be around today. We are so grateful that God gave us such a faithful friend. May he rest in peace.

5 comments:

  1. Rest in peace Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing him. May God grant eternal rest unto his soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Requiem aeternam doña ei Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan taught my brothers and me to serve the Tridentine Mass back in the 80's. He was a good man...very patient with the four of us. Requiescat in pace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so pleased to have stumbled upon this blog. Dan Devlin was my father and I'm glad to see that his contributions to the Latin Mass are remembered. The Requiem Mass was absolutely beautiful and was one of his last wishes. I'm glad that everyone pulled together and made that happen, it means more to me than you know :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete